Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LAB 4- 3/29/2009

LAB 4- 3/29/2009
While at Saint Mary’s I have faced a number of challenges. One of my main challenges has been implementing activities for the children. The reason for this is that I often feel uncomfortable asking a large group of the kids to come play a game when it is their free time because many other students from my class are trying to do the same thing. I feel as though I would function much better with the children when they are in a class of my own that I am in charge of. I have noticed that I tend to work much better with the children and take more of a leadership role when there are fewer of my classmates present. One thing I have enjoyed putting to use is my ability to work with children that are upset. I feel as though this is a challenge that many of my classmates have not encountered as much as I have so I have been doing my best to take advantage of a bad situation and take a leadership role when helping an upset students get back into program.

No comments:

Post a Comment