Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LAB 6- 4/12/2009

LAB 6 ON 4/12/2009
While working with the Saint Mary’s students I realized the importance of appealing to children’s imagination when trying to run a successful activity. Also, I have learned that it is equally as important to provide the children with an activity which is developmentally appropriate. When I first started working with the children at Saint Mary’s I put a lot of emphasis on games I thought would be fun. Many of these games however, were far too complex and had too many rules. This led to loss of focus from the children and therefore a very disorganized game. When I switched my emphasis to games that were simpler, I was able to make small variations during the game to keep it interesting without losing control of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment